“Reson8” is a recording artiste born in St Thomas, Jamaica and based in England.
He has spent the last 6 years investing in his career doing numerous recordings and live performances.
Reson8 was inspired by his fathers passion for music and his love for playing the sound system. On his quest to propel his career onto international platforms; Reson8 has recorded singles such as “Ramp Rough” ,Top shelf feat. Savage ,Gimmi, Heavens Love and Big Body Benz. He has also worked with Marvoni records and chaseme records in Jamaica. Reson8’s most current single is “ Caption Dat” feat. Stylo G produced by Kodi Starr,Stylo g’s brother and Oceanic. Promoted by Reson8.
During his spare time he likes to listen to different genres of music, spend quality time with his kids and family when he is not recording. He has a passion for music and always finds himself singing and this has given him a sense that a career in music is definitely for him. Reson8 is determined to work on his craft to become a household brand like some of the great artist in the music industry.
Acclaimed Producer/Engineer Bulby York releases his 3rd album titled Heartcrafted.
Bulby York’s highly anticipated album ‘Heartcrafted’ features Jimmy Cliff, Beres Hammond, Sanchez, Maxi Priest, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Busy Signal, Charly Blacks, Rying King , Stylo G, Etana, Tifa and others.
Kingston, Jamaica (Shuzzr) – As reggae-dancehall music continues to evolve and influence other genres, cultures, movements, and people across the world, to date, it stands unparalleled to any other worldwide. The treasured genre which spans several decades, not just chronicle an islands evolution and its influence globally but promotes the tenants of Rastafarianism whilst strengthening the voice of the oppressed.
On September 18th, 2020, renowned producer Collin ‘Bulby’ York will release his third album titled “Heartcrafted” on his label Bulby York Music. The compilation which features industry icons such as Jimmy Cliff, Beres Hammond, Maxi Priest, Sanchez, Dean Fraser, Tanto Metro & Devonte, Capleton, Beenie Man, Bounty Killer is balanced with a few youthful stalwarts such as Busy Signal, Agent Sasco, Etana, Tifa, Konshens, Cecile, Stylo G, Rygin King and a few others.
The album ‘Heartcrafted’ which can be described as a time capsule for future generations, captures not just the traditional sounds of reggae and dancehall but also gives its audience previously released materials with some of the industry’s most prolific, and successful artiste to date, bridging old school voices with a few from the freshman class.
The 17-track compilation which takes you on a musical journey across the breadth and depth of the islands luscious landscape, captures the sounds and melodies that echoes through the mountains and valleys chanted by its people, the pulse of a nation.
Bulby York who is a renowned musical architect as the genre went mainstream in the early 2000s, worked with some of the industry’s rising stars which positioned him to engineering tracks for No Doubt’s double-platinum Rocksteady album, as well as Sean Paul’s era-defining dancehall classic, Dutty Rock.
As time progressed, Bulby’s talent was revered by many, as his talent was noticed which led to other top Jamaican producers like Winston Riley, Steely and Clevie, as well as Sly and Robbie, enlisting him to engineer other productions. This led to him working with/for international artiste like Chaka Khan, Cyndi Lauper and Sinead O’Connor and is credited to several other noteworthy projects such as Bounty Killer’s “Suspense” and Beenie Man’s “Memories” which influenced Grammy-award winning rapper/producer Kanye West single “I’m In It,” from his 2013’s critically-acclaimed Yeezus album.
York who in 2016 released his debut project titled ‘Epic & Ting’ on Greensleeves Record also followed up with ‘Master Blaster’ in 2018 to rave reviews on his own label Bulby York Music.
‘Heartcrafted’ is distributed by VPAL Music, a subsidiary of VP Records and can be considered as a testament to the legacy of the late reggae icon ‘Toots’ Hibbert plus other reggae-dancehall industry icons.
“I have poured my heart and soul into this project and now its here for the world to hear, see and enjoy. Each track has its own meaning and history, just as how each parish in Jamaica captures a piece of what Jamaica represents. I have worked with some of our nation’s best, national treasures and this project captures not just our musical history but who we are” states Bulby York.
Join Fyah Squad as we turn up the summer in quarantine creating an Iconic Summer. A mix of all your favorite Hip-Hop & R&B, Dancehall, Afrobeat, & Soca. Powered by Riddimstream & Fyah Squad. Hosted by: DJ Chemics.
1. Go Crazy (Clean) – Young Thug & Chris Brown
2. Lockdown (DJ Kayla G Go Crazy Remix) – Koffee
3. Something Special (Clean) – Pop Smoke
4. U 2 Luv (Clean) – Ne-Yo & Jeremih
5. U 2 Luv (DJ Kayla G Remix) – Popcaan
6. Hotel (Clean8Mix) – Kranium Ft Ty Dolla Sign & Burna Boy
7. Secret – Young Devyn
8. Enjoy Yourself (Remix) (Clean) -Pop Smoke ft Burna Boy
9. The Woo (Clean) – Pop Smoke ft 50 Cent & Roddy Rich
10. You Me Say (DJ Kayla G Woo Remix) – Vybz Kartel
11. Like That (Clean) – Doja Cat ft Gucci Mane
12. Freaks (DJ Kayla G Mash Up) – Tyga, Lil Vicious, Meg Thee Stallion
13. Tap In (Clean) – Saweetie
14. Double Tap In (DJ Kayla G Remix) – Saweetie & Queen Ladi Gangsta
15. Pussy Talk (Clean) – City Girls ft Doja Cat
16. TROLLZ (Clean) – 6IX9INE & Nicki Minaj
17. Made It (Clean) – Teyana Taylor
18. Born Fi Dweet (DJ Kayla G Dub) – Fully Bad
19. Address It (Dirty) – LPB Poody
20. Still Be Friends (Clean) – G-Eazy ft Tory Lanez & Tyga
21. Say So (DJ Kayla G Remix) – Doja Cat feat. Busy Signal
22. Woman – Rema
23. One Woman (DJ Kayla G Remix) – Motto
24. 1 Milli – Davido
25. In My Bed (Clean) – Rotimi ft Wale
26. Don’t Rush – Young T & Bugsey ft Headie One
27. Dumpling Remix (DJames Don’t Rush Edit) – Stylo G ft. Sean Paul & Spice
28. Cake – Juls
29. Fine Wine & Hennessy (Clean) – Afro B ft Slim Jxmmy
30. Ye (Fine Wine & Hennessy) (DJ Kayla G Remix) – Burna Boy
31. Collateral Damage – Burna Boy
32. Gangsta (Clean) – Darkoo & One Acen
33. Skeletun – Tekno
34. I Like – Kojo Funds Ft. WizKid
35. 4AM (Clean) – Manny Norte, 6LACK, Rema & Tion Wayne ft Love Renaissance (LVRN)
36. 4AM (Fine Whine) (DJ Kayla G Remix) – Alkaline
37. Call On Me (Serg Sniper Hype intro) (Clean) – Candle Joseph
38. Cool As The Breeze/Friday – Chronixx
39. Wag1 – Cashh & WSTRN
40. Breaking News – Dexta Daps
41. Yamabella – Shaneil Muir
42. The Sidechick Song – Shenseea
43. Call Me If – Dexta Daps
44. Gal Policy – Kranium
45. Life – Mavado
46. Ocean Waves – Alkaline
47. Run Di Road – Hoodcelebrityy
48. Platinum – Boogzino
49. Heavy Remix – Jada Kingdom & Vybz Kartel
50. Young – Stalk Ashley
51. 3D – Shaneil Muir
52. Obviously – Dexta Daps feat Beenie Man
53. Bring it Come – Showtime Damion & DJ Ashani
54. Taboo – KHXOS, Chargii, Konshens
55. Pretty Pan Snap – Daddy 1
56. Aphrodisia – PG Valentina & Teejay
57. High Props – Alkaline
58. Captain – Hey Choppi
59. Soca Feeling – Christo
60. Red Gyal – Christo
61. We Outside (Soundboy Ryan Intro) – Viking Ding Dong
62. Birthday Song (DJ Tony Styles Intro Edit) – Mical Teja
63. Happy Birthday Song – Drizzy Ft Bunun
64. Wine & Ben (Part 2 Remix) – DJ Cheem X Riddim Master
65. Carry On – Patrice Roberts
66. Feel It – Problem Child
67. Play Harder – Machel Montano
68. Boss Lady – Kes x Teamfoxx
69. Midsection – Marzville x Teamfoxx
70. Shots – Motto
71. Naked – Skinny Fabulous x Teamfoxx
72. Bring Da Vibe (Paul P Project x Riddimstream) – Al-Tek & Cherish
73. Dont Break Yet (Paul P Project x Riddimstream) – Faith
74. Bend (Paul P Project x Riddimstream) – Fiyah B
75. Wuk Up & Bend (Arch & Bend Riddim) – Walkes
76. Up Down (Arch & Bend Riddim) – Freezy
77. Lost And Found – Preedy
78. Best Side – DJ Addo X TBoss
79. Married – Trinidad Madman
80. B.O.H (Bottle Over Head) – Wetty Beatz ft. Triniboi Joocie
Coming on the heels of the ‘Stories’ and ‘Street Code’ rhythm compilations, two of their most successful productions to date. Recording imprint New League Music known for working with a plethora of stalwarts in the Reggae and Dancehall genre is once again stepping to the fore with a solid offering for the summer.
The project titled, ‘Live For The Summer’ is a collaborative effort and features dancehall heavyweights, Busy Signal, Stylo G and potent lyricist Ajji (formerly known as Ajrenalin) boastfully flexing their lyricism on the sauce-filled record as they sing about the opulent lifestyle and all its trappings. Privy to an exclusive listening session the song has been touted by a myriad of noted industry players as a ‘must-have’ on your playlist and one to watch for the summer.
Conceptualized by label executive Michaelius Phipps, he explained the creative process behind the record, “I wanted a hit, and so I started working on a beat with Marlon Easy. Once I had the instrumental I then reached out to Ajji who has been doing his thing on the New York circuit. He wrote the track and then presented it to Stylo G as a collaboration. Stylo G liked it and immediately recorded his verse and said the song was perfect for the summer. Like a stroke of luck or good fortune while the song was being mixed Busy Signal walked into the studio session and heard the project and immediately wanted a piece of the action. The final product is like ‘magic’ and I’m even more impressed with the effort and delivery of all the artistes.”
Phipps says he is very optimistic the dancehall community will embrace this project.
Stylo G blazing with Too Hot The past year has been a good one for UK-based dancehall artiste Stylo G. Having topped music charts with hits such as Touch Down and Dumplin, the rhyme master returns with the scorching Too Hot. Produced by Kodistarr and Oceanic (the team who produced Dumplin remix featuring Sean Paul and Spice), Too Hot is another club banger ready to usher in the summer vibes. Released on April 24th 2020 by 365 Records .
Stylo G returns with another club banger “Bamm Bamm” British-Jamaican dancehall artiste Stylo G still riding high after charting success on the charts with Touch Down and Dumpling serves up another appetizing treat. His latest single Bam Bam is a club banger destined to wage an assault on partygoers and music lovers alike. The song was produced by the duo of Kodistarr and Oceanic and released by 365 Records Limited. With its thumping beat, relatable lyrics, slick production and insinuating groove, Bam Bam is another sure-fire hit in the making. Bam Bam is a nice precursor to Stylo G’s debut album, which is expected to be released shortly.